MRAPS® III+ (Mobile Rifle Armor Protective Shield)
Developed for the First Responder. The MRAPS series are made from advanced proprietary polyethylene armor composite matrix combined with battle ready shock-absorbing support hardware – engineered using the world’s lightest and toughest materials: Titanium, Aluminum, Kevlar, and advanced heat-treated metal alloy.
Designed to be worn! The Baker Ballistics patented Bungee/Quick Release carry system allows the MRAPS® to be suspended off both shoulders “hands-free” for elimination of user fatigue and ease of weapon manipulation.
• Shock reducing & battle-hardened free-floating adjustable handle
• Accurate delivery of firepower with long gun or handgun
• Dual bungee hands-free weight support system with quick release
• SAWS™ ambidextrous “Self Alignment Weapon Support” platforms (2)
• QuikDon™ – Instant wear neck collar attachment to dual bungee system
• Provision for instant attachment to optional The Reaper™ exoskeleton support
• Available Colors: Black, Ranger Green, Coyote & Tan
• Fastex® female buckles included – provides anchoring points for dual bungee and quick release attachment to users’ tactical body armor (i.e., remove QuikDon™ collar and support shield weight by tactical vest drag strap or MOLLE)
• Permanent Velcro® loop included in upper head protective region for users’ choice of attaching electronic vision devices – no heavy windows and related hardware needed
MRAPS™ III+ SPECIFICATIONS
Total Weight: 15.5 lbs (7 kg.)
Dimensions: 30″ (76 cm) tall by 15.5″ (39 cm) wide
Model #: M3-P
Ballistic Components: Proprietary polyethylene and polyuria
Multi-Hit Trauma Reducing Battle-Ready Hardware: Honeycomb,
aluminum, heat-treated steel, Kevlar®, composite, closed-cell foam,
skeletonized throughout for weight reduction
Threat Level(s): Threat Level III+
Composite armor construction includes use of protective coatings, adhesives, and paint which vary in applied thicknesses – completed product weights are generally within plus or minus 3% of advertised total weights.
Refer to Threat Profile Matrix documentation. Note the + and ++ symbols indicate extra protection provided by Baker Ballistics against common ballistic threats, these are NOT or intended to imply existence of additional NIJ classification, protocol or endorsement.
5.56 × 45 M193
7.62 x 39mm Mild Steel Core
7.62 X 51mm M80
• Lighting system – Wide-angle high-intensity LED with strobe & remote switch capability
• The Reaper™ exoskeleton carrying system
• Small Arms Rapid Reloader System™ (SARRS) – mounts loaded M-4 magazine on shield for fast reloads with eyes on target, right & left handed models
• Carbon Fiber Telescoping Monopod – provides full weight support during stationary shield positioning at users’ choice of height off the ground
• Custom colors and identification decals available (minimum quantity may apply)
• Non-ballistic MRAPS® training shield available – same weight, hardware and appearance as armored shield model
• Extra Female Fastex® Buckles – enables additional team members to instantly hook up the shield’s dual bungee support system to their tactical vest for ready to go anchor points
• Belt Clip – lifts and transfers the entire weight of the shield off the bungee support and onto the wearer’s belt – facilitating comfort and stability during fast running, stair climbing, etc.
• T-Slot 80/20 aluminum rail system – attach points for readily available T-Slot mounting hardware to securely mount tactical equipment onto either or both shield upper side edges (i.e., IR illuminators, electronics, thermal vision, etc.)